Thursday, February 1, 2018

Let Them Eat Fat

Do you remember the Eighties? or maybe it was the Nineties? Er... or the Two Thousands?

Let's just agree on this arbitrary time in the past, which maybe wasn't as long ago as I think it was.

Anyway, remember that big craze we had? The Fat is bad for you craze? Don't eat fats. Buy fat-free foods! Let's wage a war on fat!

Listen friends, war is bad.

Fat is not that bad, especially if it's a healthy fat that gives us stuff like Omega 3, Omega 6, Omega 1,942,230.

I MAY have made up that last Omega.

There are different kinds of fat, and you want to make sure you DO eat the ones that help you out. They can help you burn fat and make you feel full. 

I want you to go look in your cupboard and find all of the things that say Fat-Free.
Yeah, I mean you. Go look. Right now.
Get rid of them.

Companies take out the fat, but then they add chemicals and sugar to the product. So unless you're really excited about putting chemicals in your body, and you want to be unhealthy, maybe avoid the fat-free junk.
Also, keep in mind that our bodies know what to do with fat - it knows how to process it. Chemicals.. less so.

Yes, I know, someone is saying.. what do you know?!
You're just some person writing a blog. 
FYI - Sometimes my entries are me regurgitating what the Nutritionist tells me, so I remember better.
This happens to be one of those times.

In fact, foods like avocado, nuts, and some oils (olive oil) can help lower your bad cholesterol.





And yeah, Avocado and I are not BFFs, but we're working on our relationship.
I still appreciate the good things it does for me even if I don't find it as tasty as peanut butter.

Fat is so important that you want to include it in at least 15%, but up to 40%, of your diet.
This is where a Nutritionist comes in -- I don't make food plans. I can't tell you the exact percentage of fat to eat.

I just want you to stop eating that fat-free crap I find in your cupboard.


Seriously friends. The war on fat has been cancelled.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiccups and Derailments

You might think that everything is easy for me. I mean, this whole weight loss adventure is just all peaches and cherry blossoms. Nothing ...