Wednesday, June 6, 2018

She's Back... with Priorities!


Ermehgerd!
Yes, I know. You’re thinking… what, you’re back? Like a fair weather friend? Where were you when I needed you?
Where is your devotion to this blog?!
Well, this is maybe a great time to talk about priorities.

Setting priorities.


This is very akin to setting goals. I’ve been setting goals every week which helps me focus on what I need to get done and when.

But I also have to set priorities.

What are the things that I need to get done? I do those first. That includes shoveling snow in the winter and mowing the lawn in the summer. It also includes sleep.

Yes, I said sleep.



I’m a really big fan of sleep.

I know some people are the type of people who get 6 or 5 or 4 hours of sleep a night and they’re solid for the day. Me, I need at LEAST 7.
8 would be better, but I also don’t want to go to bed at 8:30 every night.

#Tradeoffs

My priorities and my goals need to balance.



For instance, I probably should be working on more strength training. That’s definitely part of my fitness goals.
However, the lawn needs mowing and it’s pretty big and especially growy this time of year.

Yeah, I just made up that word.. growy. Meaning, it grows really fast.

I also want to get some gardening done. Maybe grow some flowers, some herbs, and definitely some vegetables.

I still also have to work.
I checked.




I also know that pushing the lawn mower, digging up gardens, and doing all the stuff I do outside is good exercise. In fact, gardening could be included as part of my strength training.

Anyway, these are all timely. I need to plant the garden now because, oddly enough, the plants don’t grow so well in those little containers. Apparently they need to be in the ground and stuff in order to grow.



WHO KNEW?

So, while part of me wants to be in the pool or running on the treadmill – at least mixing up what I’m doing, I’ve been focused on the outside tasks.

Because I have priorities.

And while I love this blog, sometimes I have to give up something to gain something (think blog or sleep. I choose sleep every time. Blog or sun. I choose sun. Choices like that.)

Hopefully I can shift some priorities around so I have more time to write because I do think it’s an important outlet for me. I still have things to say.

But if I go dark, it’s not because I’ve forgotten you.

It’s probably that I’ve just had to shift priorities and I needed sleep.

Or sun.

Maybe even both, but not without a lot of sunscreen.


Safety, and sanity, first kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiccups and Derailments

You might think that everything is easy for me. I mean, this whole weight loss adventure is just all peaches and cherry blossoms. Nothing ...