Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Getting Back on Track



Christmas Break was a killer for me. I feel like I ate more than my fair share of sugar cookies.

Also, I discovered Maple Cream Liqueur. It tastes great in coffee. I didn’t even realize that it was from Boyden Valley. I thought they only did wine but apparently they’ve branched out into Spirits. I don’t feel bad at all supporting a local Vermont business. I should probably drink more of it, now that I’ve made this connection,…..

Also, it must be liqueur doesn’t have to post calories on the bottle. I haven’t seen any. That means it’s calorie free, right?

Point being, I kinda went off track over the last week or two.

Not too badly though, and I think that’s important. I tracked MOST meals… I maybe just topped it off with some sugar cookies. 


LISTEN! THEY ARE MY FAVORITE!

And I totally ate whatever at family Christmas, because that’s what’s family Christmas is about, right? FFF (Forced Family Fun) and food.

Then there was New Year’s with some other family. Although there weren’t cookies there, so #Winning.

But now it’s a new year and I need to buckle down again. I have goals to crush and it won’t happen if I keep eating cookies every day.

Thankfully, it's back to work and a regular routine for me. Being consistent with what I'm doing helps me establish routines.  


I'm re-starting with food.

Back to smoothies for breakfast.
Only bringing the food I need to eat for the day to work. If I don’t have snacks with me, I can’t eat them.

I’m also trying to stay on task with workouts, but that’s super hard because it’s SO COLD outside.
No one wants to go for a walk at -10 degrees F. That could be it's own blog post. 


I do have workout videos I like to do (and I pay for) - Daily Burn and Les Mills on Demand. Between the two, there’s something to do every day. Les Mills is doing a 31 day challenge, and --- let’s be honest, I just did one in November, so I’m not killing myself over this one – but I can check in and participate the best I am able.

I’m also participating more in my social media groups. That helps me stay honest and focused. Being part of something helps me stay connected and motivated in my journey. 

I accept that there might be a bit of a transition in order for me to be back to being fully on track. I'm not looking for a miracle. I'm just looking for that sense of normalcy that helps me focus on my goals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiccups and Derailments

You might think that everything is easy for me. I mean, this whole weight loss adventure is just all peaches and cherry blossoms. Nothing ...