Wednesday, November 8, 2017

App It Up, I'll Take it! - MyFitnessPal


I’m not going to lie. 
I was excited to see how many people read my impromptu blog post. It’s inspired me to write more. Apparently people are more into what I’m doing than Shadowhunters.

Although,.. Shadowhunters. Still a thing.
Shadowhunters

I’m still fleshing out what I’ll post on exactly. If you have a topic you would really like me to cover (I mean, not just ANYTHING, but related to the overall wellness journey) feel free to drop a comment. I would love to know what you think would be interesting for me to share.

One of the things that has been super successful for me is Food Tracking. I use an app called MyFitnessPal. I don’t do the paid version because I am way too cheap for that. (I’d rather spend my subscriptions on streaming programs like Alpha.)

MyFitnessPal talks to my Fitbit app, which is super sweet. They both gather different information that processed together gives me useful stats.

As much as I hated math as a child, I like tracking numbers.
Shhhh! Tell NO ONE.
This image is for Mr. Bill.
MyFitnessPal helps me log calories. I worked with a Nutritionist who helped me set a calorie limit,… goal. (Whatever you wanna call that to make yourself feel good about it.)

I log what I eat throughout the day. Honestly, on any given work day, I tend to eat the same foods.

You know what I don’t have time for at 6:30 in the morning? Creativity around lunch and breakfast.
It’s just easier when to know which things to grab from the fridge for lunch instead of standing there with the food tracker going,… “if I eat this tuna fish, and then that leftover jelly roll, will that be enough calories for lunch?”

Yeah, I said jelly roll. I wanted to make sure you were paying attention.

For dinner, I backwards count how much food I can eat and then I only give myself that much.

I also don’t ask myself if I am still hungry.

I also like MyFitnessPal because it can import recipes from the Internet and determine the calorie count.

Yeah, like that time I checked out a Facebook recipe and it was like 1,000 calories for one serving.
Nope.

It also means I can adjust recipes quickly.
Recipes!
Oh, I see you want three tablespoons of olive oil. How about we just use one.
M'kay, thanks.

I can save recipes I really like in the app so I can easily use them again. It also knows which foods I frequently eat, which saves me having to input salad and peppers again.

Frequent Foods
At the end of the day, it talks with my Fitbit and gives me a ball park guesstimate of what I will weigh in 5 weeks based on how many calories I ate and how many I burned that day.

 Okay, yeah, I probably shouldn't look at that but it helps me stay focused. Like hey, see - this works! Just keep doing today and you'll be great.

Finally, you can have friends on MyFitnessPal. I have a few although I don't interact through that app very often. Sometimes I go around and tell people good job for working out or something.





Hey, you! Good job.

If you like my blog and you maybe aren't on Facebook or Insta or Twitter, feel free to subscribe. I'll uh.. figure out how to make that work..

I put like, a whole bunch of links on that page for subscribing. Click one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiccups and Derailments

You might think that everything is easy for me. I mean, this whole weight loss adventure is just all peaches and cherry blossoms. Nothing ...